Wifi is vital to keeping you linked. But your details are in danger if your wifi does not have a password. Here we are providing you with the tutorial to learn how to change and protect your wifi password.
You can protect your network and your data by making sure the following:-
- keeping your router password safe
- changing the password regularly
Changing your password also stops your bandwidth from misuse. You’ll need to open the setup page of your router to update your wifi password. Log in using your current info. Change the password under the wireless settings menu.
Anyone can connect to your wifi network without a password. And this will end up reducing the internet speed. They can also hack your computers to steal sensitive information.
It would help if you changed the default password for your wifi router to avoid this.
Doing this is easier than it sounds, but it will need you to log into your router’s configuration page.
Steps to change and protect your wifi password
- Open your router’s setup page using any internet browser on a Mac or Laptop. You’ll need to type in the default IP address of your router to do this. An access URL. Standard router addresses are
- 10.0.1.1 (Apple)
- 10.0.0.1 (Xfinity).
- But, as this can vary, you can check the details of your particular router. You will also find this on the router’s bottom or hand, identified as either an IP address or an access URL.
- Use its username and password to log into your router. By default, the username and password are always “admin” or “user admin.” But consult with your router’s internet service provider. You need to do this if this doesn’t function. You can find the login information on the bottom of the router itself.
- Locate the ‘Wireless’ or ‘Wireless Protection’ option once you log in.
- “Enter the password you want your link to have in the “Wifi Password” or “Key” box. The most secure passwords contain a mix of letters, numbers, and symbols and are long. You will be able to change the public name of your wifi network here, too.
- Scroll down until your updates finish—Press ‘Save’ to save the adjustments. The wifi password is then changed.
- The devices connected to the network gets disconnected once the password changes. You’ll need to reconnect them with a new password if this happens.
- Ask your router’s manufacturer if you find yourself lost.
Also read: How to Youtube live stream?