I am sure most of us are staying at home and wondering what we can do to make sure we have enough masks at home. Nowadays we cannot step out of the house without a mask and we cannot reuse a mask without maintaining hygiene like washing it. So the best way is to make your masks. So how to make a mask? Is what many people want to know. It is very easy.
Few basic items are required
Cotton fabric: Attempt to use tightly plain-woven cotton. Some masks embrace quilting material, jersey material, or high thread-count material from pillowcases or sheets.
Elastic material: If you don’t have elastic bands, then you can utilize elastic things that you just will use to embrace rubber bands and hair ties. If you don’t have these existing, you’ll additionally use string or shoelaces.
Steps to make a mask
- Iron your material if necessary, so place your material face down on a flat surface.
- Place a plate, that is roughly 10-12-inches or 25-28cm in diameter, on the prime of it, and draw around the plate.
- Then cut out your circle form. Once it’s cut out, fold it doubly, therefore you get four semicircular triangles on the prime of every difference. So block the edges of your triangles, therefore you have got four separate shapes.
- Next, place one form set about, and another face down on prime of it, that the wrong sides of the fabric square measure on the skin. Pin along if you have got pins. Do an equivalent with the opposite 2 shapes.
- Then, sew on the semicircular fringe of your material with a needle and thread, exploitation stitch, or similar. You ideally don’t need any gaps between your stitches. Once you have got done this, unfold your triangles, therefore you get a kind of dome-like structure. Place the domes on the prime of every different, front side along.
- If you would like to insert some kind of wire into your mask – this can help stop your glasses from fogging up once you are carrying your mask. Then inserts it currently by inserting it on the nose (or middle) section of the highest aspect of your mask and folding down the fabric. Jewelry wire works well, one thing like sandwich bag ties may also work. Then sew on the highest fringe of the mask, encasing the wire into your mask.
- Whether or not you have inserted your nose wire, the consequent step is to pin your mask in situ and stitch around the edges of your mask, going away a little gap at one finish.
Few more steps
- Next, pull your material through the gap (carefully), till you have got the front sides of your material on the skin of your mask, then sew up the little gap – it’s most likely best to try to do this by hand.
- All you would like to try to now’s insert your ties into your mask. To do this, fold one in each of the sharp edges of your mask over itself so sew it down. Then do an equivalent on the opposite aspect.
- You should currently have created a bit pocket, or hem, to insert your ties into. You’ll then insert your elastic or ties, employing a pin or needle to string them through the hem. Hold up your elastic and you’re done. You’ll pull the ties so the knots square measures within your mask if you would like to, and you’re done.
Creativity is inventing,experimenting and growing
Above stated method is one of the ways to make a mask. There are other ways to do the same, you will find them on youtube.
Also read: How long does it take to walk a mile?