Your username is designed to identify you on Spotify, so it can’t change, but there’s a silver lining – albeit a faint one. If you want to change your Spotify username, here are two of the best options to try.
Change Spotify Username With Facebook
Connect your account to Facebook and replace your original Spotify username with your Facebook username.
1. Open the Spotify app on your computer.
2. Click on the downward-pointing arrow next to your profile picture and name in the upper-right corner.
3. Select “Settings” from the dropdown menu.
4. This will take you to your settings page. Scroll down until you find the “Social” section, where you’ll see a blue button that reads, “Connect to Facebook.” Click this button to begin the process.
5. This will open a pop-up. Enter your email and password to use your Facebook account.
6. Click the “Log in” button to link your accounts.
How To Connect your Account On Phone
The steps for a phone are similar to those of computer, tap on the settings wheel on the top-right corner and find “Facebook” under Social.
Create A New Spotify Account:
If you don’t want to connect your Facebook account, you can delete your current Spotify account. So if our playlists are saved, what do we really have to lose?
Add or change a display name
A display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity.
For: Mobile and tablet
- Tap Home and go to Settings.
- Click View profile.
- Tap EDIT PROFILE.
- Tap your display name to change it.
Tip: You can also add or change your profile photo here.
- Tap Save.