If you would like to stop updating your personal life for free, then the best way is to delete your Instagram account or if you would like to move away from the social media platform, (which appears tough given the addictive nature of the app), you’ll be able to do therefore by deactivating your account. But how to delete the Instagram account?
Steps to disable your account temporarily
- Log in to instagram.com from a laptop.
- Click your profile image within the high right and click on Profile, then click Edit Profile.
- Scroll down, then click ‘temporarily disable my account’ within the bottom right.
- Choose associate degree possibility from the menu next to Why do you want to disable your account? And then select the choice to disable your account you can select the reason from the menu and enter your choice.
- Click option “temporarily disable account“.
Temporarily disabling your account will hide your profile, photos, comments, and likes until you reactivate it by signing in again. Temporarily deactivating an Instagram account is easier than completely deleting your account, which requires you to initiate a request to the Instagram team. After ninety days of initiating a request, the website completely deletes your account.
Steps to permanently delete your Instagram account
- To request the permanent deletion of your Instagram account:
- Log into Instagram on an online browser or laptop.
- Head to the Delete Your Account page.
- Choose associate degree possibility from the dropdown menu next to ‘Why do you want to delete your account?’ and re-enter your password. The option to permanently delete your account will only appear after you have handpicked a reason from the drop-down list of reasons.
- Click Permanently delete my account.
Also read: How To Delete Spotify Account?