Humans are Huge fans of eggnog. You must be loving it as I do. I tend to stock up as soon as it finishes. However, now that I have the Perfect homemade eggnog recipe, I’m not going to need to buy it anymore! Let’s read how to make eggnog.
What is eggnog?
This eggnog is really smooth and thick enough! Versions purchased from the store are mostly very fluid. In fact, in this recipe, I use six egg yolks to make sure you get plenty of creams! It is tough to avoid this delicious recipe. And I can almost promise that you won’t have any leftovers.
Eggnog is a drink based on milk and egg. It dates back to the 1800s. Typically, made with milk, cream, sugar, eggs and some spices. Many like to add alcohol to it as well.
There are many ways to cook eggnog. Most of the people don’t like the uncooked versions. Even the ones made with egg whites lose their texture. It is super fast and easy to make, as well!
Ingredients to make eggnog
- six egg yolks
- 60gm castor sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered cinnamon
- Take a medium-sized bowl. Pour the egg yolks and sugar. Whisk until it becomes light and creamy.
- Now take a pan on a medium-high flame. Pour in cream, milk, nutmeg and salt. Mix. Stir occasionally.
- Add ½ cup hot milk to the bowl. Whisk nicely. Keep adding milk gradually.
- Pour all the ingredients into the saucepan when mixed well.
- Keep whisking until mixture turns slightly thick.
- Switch off the flame. Add vanilla.
- Now, your eggnog is ready. Pour it in a serving dish.
- Cool it and serve
- If you want less thick, add some more milk.
- Garnish with cinnamon and whipping cream.
- You can garnish with anything of your choice.
- You can store this for around a week.
Also read: How to make Hot Chocolate bombs?