If you find you don’t want to use your Spotify account anymore, you can delete your account — but you can only do so in an internet browser, not through the app.
Before closing your account, make sure you’re aware of the repercussions and note that you can cancel your subscription without deleting your account altogether. Additionally, you won’t have access to your playlists and followers anymore. You’ll also lose all the music you’ve saved to your library.
Here’s how to close your account.
Steps to how to delete Spotify account
To begin, you’ll have to first navigate to Spotify’s “Contact Customer Support” page. Make sure you’re logged into the account that you want to delete.
1. Click “Account.”
2. Click “I want to close my account.”
3. Verify that you actually want to permanently close your account, or just cancel your paid subscription. Click the black “Close Account” option on the left side to move forward with deletion.
4. This will bring you to a page that says “We’re sad you want to leave us” and will begin the five-step process to close your account. Click the blue “Continue” button to move forward after each step.
5. Click “Continue” again on the next page. You’ll receive an email — sent to the account you signed up with — to confirm you still want to close your account.
6. Open the link you received and click the final “Close My Account” option. This appears as a green button and must be clicked within 24 hours of receiving the email.
Also read: How to Delete a Page in Google Docs?